Supply Chain Management/Logistics Consultant
Developed and proven leader, director, supply chain manager, and logistician with a focus in the ownership of processes, personnel, and equipment. Experienced in management of large-scale inventory systems, product acceptance operations, managing and movement of supplies, and equipment, and utilization of analyses for customer satisfaction and decision making. Served as a liaison for inspections (audits) of Supply and Logistics. College-level teaching experience including vocational and motivational training. Culturally responsive and globally aware through graduate-level education and 20 years of military experiences spanning several countries and regions of United States. Capable of assembling, directing, and supervising a staff towards project completion in demanding environments. Master of Public Administration.
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA, TUCSON, AZ
Master of Public Administration
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA, TUCSON, AZ
Bachelor of Arts in Mexican American Studies, Minor in Latin American Studies (Cum Laude)
July 2022 - Present
SUPPLY CHAIN / LOGISTICS & PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION CONSULTANT, SHOW ME QUALITY CONSULTING
- Provide support and expertise in high-risk/high-consequence areas in supply chain, training, research, analytics, and policy writing.
- Support internal audit activities, evaluate training and learning paths, and assist with policy and procedure writing.
January 2019 - December 2021
SENIOR EVENT DIRECTOR, MOUNTAIN BIKE AMERICAN LLC DBA EPIC RIDES
- Responsible for the overall directing of Epic Ride events. This includes leading and advising five Event Managers and their committees. Directing the movement of equipment and personnel to multiple states. Directing and facilitating permits, insurance, and all supporting contracts. Established and maintained coordination and communication with supporting agencies and host communities. Lead hiring efforts for new employees. Responsible for oversight of event operating budgets.
August 2021 - December 2021
INTERNSHIP IN SUPPORT OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, CITY OF TUCSON
- Gained exposure to the city-wide COVID-19 vaccination policy for city employees. Evaluated trends for forecasting workforce turnover. Studied the policy on Development Impact Fees with analysis of fee-related boundaries and their alignment with growth patterns.
January 2017 - December 2018
EVENTS MANAGER, MOUNTAIN BIKE AMERICAN LLC DBA EPIC RIDES
- Facilitated, collaborated, synchronized, advised and directed all aspects of Epic Rides events. This included leading and advising up to five Event Managers and their committees. Processed and worked issues for permits, insurance, third-party contracts and sub-contractors for 14 Epic Rides events across four states. Established coordination with supporting agencies and host communities. Created and implemented new company human resource policies and management processes.
June 2015 - April 2016
COMPANY COMMANDER, U.S. MARINE CORPS
- Provided direct leadership and management of 115 personnel, to include 12 local national hired contractors in support of the unit’s mission to provide general support maintenance. Responsible officer for the accountability of $4.5 million worth of equipment. Ensured training and operational objectives were properly achieved.
- Balanced personnel requirements to support mission success and project over a dozen teams and individuals to support augments, temporary duty and support exercises in the United States Pacific Command Area of Operations
- Managed an Intermediate Maintenance Activity with regular evaluation of the maintenance process to minimize wait times and provide an efficient workflow. This included addressing supply chain issues, personnel training requirements and diagnostic equipment calibration and serviceability.
August 2013 - May 2015
SUPPLY OPERATIONS MANAGER, U.S. MARINE CORPS
- Direct supervisor for over 30 personnel, to include civilian contractors and other logistic partners. Responsible for training and progression. Provided supply operations management support to over 50 units. Oversaw 3,000 yearly supply transactions which included requisitions, accepting, determining condition, processing for further disposition, and issuing new equipment parts. Funds manager for a $13 million yearly budget which replenished depleted inventory throughout the fiscal year Maintained internal controls program to ensure accountability of money and assets. Supported development of various internal control programs and intra-unit agreements.
- Coordinated across U.S. and foreign military service lines to collaborate in the closure and transfer of 34 bases across Afghanistan while deployed as an individual augment: 2013-2014
- Planned and executed the extended supply chain distribution by opening a satellite office in support of remotely located units
- Planned and executed the in-stream offload of United States Navy Ship SACAGAWEA during a multi-national exercise in the Philippines supporting with 7,000 pounds of ammunition, 100 containers, and 130 supply support requests from ship to shore
April 2010 - June 2013
MARINE OFFICE INSTRUCTOR, U.S. MARINE CORPS/NORWICH UNIVERSITY
- Oversaw and facilitated the mental, moral, and physical development of 300 students aspiring to become military officers. Developed curriculum for newly established coursework in Naval Studies. Administered 400 hours of ACE accredited course instruction. Counseled individuals regarding military progression goals. Interviewed potential candidates for service as military officers.
- Maintained compliance of program requirements for over 200 personnel
- Coordinated training exercises conducted in outdoor environments
- Assigned as Platoon Commander at Officer Candidates School (Quantico, VA). Supervising instruction and training of 40 officer candidates. Supervised four Sergeant Instructors providing guidance and formal counseling in the execution of their duties
April 2006 - April 2010
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER, U.S. MARINE CORPS
- Maintained unit readiness through effective and aggressive corrective actions for a battalion experiencing a high operational tempo. Supervised the supply efforts in support of combat operations during Operation Enduring Freedom and overseas battalion landing team missions by maintaining physical accountability of equipment and fiscal responsibility of procurements and budget limits.
August 1996 - December 2005
ENLISTED MILITARY SERVICEMEMBER, U.S. MARINE CORPS
- Various stations and assignments spanning six ranks, Occupation Specialty: Stinger Missile Gunner & Weapons and Tactics Instructor
Honors, Awards, & Certifications
- Supply Management Training Completion
- Ground Supply Officer Course Completion
- Methods for Program Evaluation for Administrative or Policy Programs using Quantitative and Qualitative Methods Course Completion
- Government and Non-Profit Financial Management Course Completion
- Management Practices for the 21st Century Course Completion
- Expeditionary Warfighting School Completion
- (LinkedIn Learning) Quality Management Foundations
- Meritorious Service Medal while serving as Officer in Charge of an Intermediate Supply Activity in support of U.S. Pacific Command Area of Responsibility and Operation Enduring Freedom
- Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal while serving as Battalion Supply Officer in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
Skills & Abilities
- Operations and Logistics Planner
- Program and Project Manager
- Marine Officer Instructor and Formal Instructor
- Leadership Program Development
- Ability to lead complex activities, tasks, and projects
- Microsoft Office 365 Google Workspace
- Proficiently bilingual (English / Spanish)