Supply Chain Risk Management Lead
Over twenty years of experience in business administration and operations management, proposals and contracts, and quality assurance. A goal-oriented and customer-focused professional with a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility. Thrives in work environments where team effort is valued, individual contribution is recognized, and innovative thinking is encouraged. Holds high standards for productivity and quality of work. Extensive proven experience with continuous improvement efforts and implementation of new business processes and procedures. Passionate for coaching and helping staff reach their potential and meet their career growth objectives.
AZUSA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT, AZUSA, CA (2008- 2010)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a focus on Finance
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES — LOS ANGELES, CA (2001 – 2003)
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology
Minor in Business Administration and General Management
2021 - present
SUPPLY CHAIN RISK MANAGEMENT ANALYST, SHOW ME QUALITY CONSULTING
- Serve as a Supply Chain Risk Management Analyst supporting NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Safety and Mission Assurance Directorate.
- Conduct supplier research of business, market, technical, cybersecurity and other factors to identify organizational risk.
- Support SMQC senior management with supply chain management process improvement initiatives.
- Assist with the implementation of SMQC key strategic projects in areas such as career progression, workforce retention, metrics, and training.
- Assist with maintaining and continually improving SMQC’s current internal processes and quality management system and perform internal audits.
2016 - 2021
BUSINESS MANAGER, JET PROPULSION LABORATORY – PASADENA, CA
Instrument Software & Science Data Systems Section (Mar ‘17 – Sep ‘21):
- Managed the business operations of the section, in partnership with four Technical Section Managers — section population consisted of 320 members, comprised of 250 JPL Employees and 70 contractors.
- Responsible for all aspects of the section’s business administrative and personnel needs, hiring, salary management, promotions, management of the Information Technology Support (IST) Service Center, and management of multi-million annual budgets (operations, training, facilities, and service center).
- Supervised and coached a business team of nine members.
Mission Design and Navigation Section (Mar ‘16 – Feb ‘17):
- Managed the business operations of the section, in partnership with two Technical Section Managers. Section population consisted of 150 members, comprised of 130 JPL Employees and 20 contractors.
- Responsible for all aspects of the section’s business administrative and personnel needs, hiring, salary management, promotions, management of the Mission Design & Navigation (MDNAV) Service Center, and management of multi-million annual budgets (operations, training, and service center).
- Supervised and coached a business team of six members.
2002 - 2016
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR & RESOURCE ANALYST, JET PROPULSION LABORATORY – PASADENA, CA
Mission Design and Navigation Section (Nov ’12 - Mar ‘16):
- Served as the senior administrator for all business-related activities.
- Led quarterly workforce forecast planning and reporting.
- Managed the employee recognition and early career hiring programs.
- Served as the Resource Analyst for the MDNAV Service Center and helped manage a $3.5M yearly budget.
- Kept a successful track record performing annual budgeting, monthly financial analysis, quarterly reviews, and financial variance resolution.
Science Division (Feb ‘11 – Nov ‘12):
- Directly supported the Science Division leadership team by supporting all aspects of a broad range of administrative functions, including the areas of finance management of Infrastructure and Business Operations accounts, human resource operations, workforce forecasting and implementation, Quarterly Management Reviews (QMRs), government-owned property and facilities management, occupational safety and environmental audit support and coordination, University Subcontracts.
- Worked directly with various staff from Project Accounting for the management of research cost accounts.
- Managed the Science Division annual Bonus Award Budget program.
- Provided monthly analysis and reporting of the Operations Budget ($M).
- Led a team of six Business Administrators to work on ongoing process improvements. Served as the liaison to other organizations within JPL, including representation of and participation on various committees.
- Back up to the Division Manager as the focal point of contact for all HR-related work and business practices.
Earth Atmospheric Science Section (Aug ‘08 – Jan ‘11):
- Developed budgets for all Principal Investigators’ proposals and work agreements, and responsible for the section’s financial planning.
- Provided monthly analysis and reporting for all Principal Investigators, including approximately a yearly average of 200 individual research accounts (consisting of JPL internal and external funding).
- Worked with JPL Project Accounting for the management of research cost accounts, to include the processing of authorized expenditures and funding reallocations, and resolution of funding discrepancies.
- Provided quarterly financial analysis and annual year-end reports and served as the back up to the Business Manager for all HR-related work.
- Worked with management to carry out staffing plans for all stages of the hiring process and worked closely with JPL’s Office of Protective Services and Caltech/JPL International Office to process required documentation for hosting Foreign Nationals.
- Administered subcontracting requests, which included material procurements; temporary support personnel; cost reimbursable and research support and analysis subcontracts; Caltech Interoffice Authorizations (CIAs); and consulting agreements.
Procurement Quality Assurance Group (Apr ‘02 – Jul ‘08):
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting assessments in support of JPL’s internal supplier assessment program and help promote institutional quality assurance practices.
- Helped implement corrective action processes and worked with quality assurance auditors to advise internal and external customers in developing plans to appropriately address and close non-conformances.
- Worked with process-owners to conduct internal assessment, development, and implementation of new procedures, and led process improvement initiatives.
- Administered JPL’s Supplier Audit Program and worked closely with a verse team of lead Quality Assurance auditors.
- Administered JPL’s corrective action response system and the Approved Supplier List (ASL) database.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of PQA procedures, maintenance of quality records, and the development and maintenance of PQA’s metrics for supplier auditing process improvements.
- Served as a lead administrator representing JPL in various Aerospace Quality Assurance Standard Symposiums, Conferences, and NASA/Industry Workshops and Forums.
- Interfaced with the NASA Quality Assurance Manager for review and interpretation of updates to Quality Assurance auditing standards (AS9100, AS9003, ISO 9001).
- Served as JPL's representative for the NASA Supplier Assessment System and the Joint Audit Planning Committee and coordinated joint audits with other auditors from various NASA Centers.
- Provided training to JPL Subcontract Managers related to the use of the Approved Supplier system and best practices.
1998 - 2001
SALES & BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR, SHERATON GATEWAY HOTEL – LOS ANGELES, CA
Sales, Marketing, and Business Center Department (May ‘98 – OCT ‘01):
- Formulated contracts and assisted clients with sales/catering needs.
- Booked meetings and supervised the convention services.
- Worked with the Sales Manager to prepare clients’ banquet and conference event orders and plan the program schedule.
- Managed the Hotel’s Business Center supply inventory department.
- Prepared and analyzed monthly revenue and expense reports.
- Processed guest satisfaction surveys and presented to management.
Honors, Awards, & Certifications
- Dec 2021 - SMQC, LLC: AS9100 Lead Auditor Training.
- Sep 2021 - JPL Engineering & Science Directorate, Voyager Award: For leading the design, development, and implementation of JPL’s Work Authorization Tool (WAT).
- Aug 2020 - JPL Mission Systems & Operations Division, Voyager Award: For outstanding leadership and performance in managing the Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Business Team.
- Jun 2015 - JPL Mission Design & Navigation Section, Voyager Award: For organizing multiple learning opportunities for the Section.
- Jul 2014 - JPL Mission Design & Navigation Section, Mariner Award: For management of the section recruiting effort and mentoring initiatives.
- Jul 2014 - JPL Mission Design & Navigation Section, Discovery Award: For assisting with Price Waterhouse Coopers’ service center audit.
- Jul 2013 - JPL Mission Design & Navigation Section, Team Award: For streamlining the weekly and monthly financial reporting processes.
- Jul 2013 - NASA Honors Award: For exceptional achievement and contributions to the successful development and implementation of JPL’s MSL Quality Assurance Program.
- Sep 2013 - JPL Mission Design & Navigation Section, Mariner Award: For revamping the MDNav Service Center monthly financial reporting and estimate-to-complete reports.
- Sep 2010 - JPL Science Division, Mariner Award: For leading the design and development of the Cost Account Management (CAM) financial reporting tool.
- Sep 2008 - JPL Quality Assurance Section, Mariner Award: For outstanding leadership in the Procurement Quality Assurance Group.
- May 2007 - NASA Group Achievement Honors Award: For developing and implementing an integrated material management process satisfying contractual obligations, promoting efficiency, and enhancing programmatic planning ability.
- Oct 2006 - JPL Office of the Director, One NASA Peer Award: For standardization of common procurement quality business practices and developing a wide network of contacts within various NASA Centers and its contractors and suppliers.
- May 2004 - JPL Mission Assurance Office, Spot Award: For outstanding contribution to the success of the Mars Exploration Rover mission.
- May 2003 - JPL Safety & Mission Success Office, Outstanding Accomplishment Award: For outstanding contribution in IT Sec., IMTE Coordination, and Metrics.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven track record of being effective at managing tasks and leading teams of various sizes and level of employees.
- Strong understanding of for-profit and non-profit business, financials, policies, and procedures.
- Extensive experience with Proposal Costing, Budgeting, Reporting, and Financial Analysis, Charting and Visualization.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Broad knowledge with the application and auditing practices using Quality Management System standards (AS9100, AS9003, ISO 9001).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook, Power Query, Power BI), Adobe Acrobat, Visio, and Mentimeter.