Show Me Quality Consulting is seeking a full-time Software Quality Assurance professional. This position will involve travel when supporting software audits and team meetings - anticipated at approximately 15% - but will otherwise be remote in nature.
- Work independently and as an experienced member of a team to manage the execution of software quality initiatives.
- Manage the assigned compliance program to successful completion each year.
- Be able to understand and review compliance against software requirements.
- Provide customer input in software quality activities including definition of audit scope / criteria
- Assess proper software configuration and anomaly reporting
- Suggest improvements to the compliance and audit control processes.
- Communicate potential control gaps to management along with suggested remediation.
- Identify deficiencies and/or process inefficiencies and propose process improvements.
- Assist in internal activities such as Information Technology evaluations, ensuring proper internal controls, and provide input to risks.
- U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer engineering, or related.
- At least five years of previous software quality or software auditor experience.
- Software testing experience
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion in both internal and external interactions
- Experience with software anomaly and/or project management trackers (e.g., confluence, JIRA)
- Ability to pivot quickly, anticipate needs and execute independently
- Excellent communication and perception skills – strong technical writing capability required for position.
- Expertise with Microsoft 365 products, particularly MS Word, Power Point, Excel and SharePoint.
- Compliance with Executive Order 14042 - Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, including full COVID-19 vaccination
- NASA, CISA, government or space experience
- CMMI and/or CMMC experience
SMQC employees work remotely from home offices. Candidates must have home
office capability within the continental United States, including a private,
quiet space to conduct work with secure internet access. Occasional travel may
be required but no significant, consistent travel is expected for this
position. Benefits include:
- Competitive salaries
- Employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance premiums
- A monthly IRA contribution equal to 25% of salary – no employee contribution or match required – and 100% vested from day one
- Career progression tracks within the company
- Employee training programs, bonuses and a collaborative, supportive company culture
- The opportunity to work for a company that has had just one employee departure since its founding in 2006