Finance & Accounting Lead / Analytics Support
Highly motivated Accounting and Finance professional with a passion for leadership, streamlining processes and building strategic relationships. Strong financial reporting and forecasting abilities. Experienced with government contracting, federal acquisition regulations, information technology (including system deployments and tests), audits, and analytics. Experienced with MS Power BI and data mapping.
UAB BIRMINGHAM, AL
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
May 2022 - present
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING LEAD, SHOW ME QUALITY CONSULTING, LLC
- Integration, improvement, and support of accounting processes including:
- Assist with government financial audits
- Produce customer reports and manage budgets, forecasts and other business operations measures
- Serve as the point of contact for accounting matters
- Identify corporate risk factors and propose and execute solutions
- Act as liaison and quality check for accounting and payroll service providers
- Supports customer analytics, financial analysis, and reviews.
2017 - May 2022
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING, PACE RUNNERS INC.
- Responsible for leadership of Accounting, Finance and Payroll. Lead and execute all external audits including financial, benefits and workers compensation policy audits. Work with external auditors for preparation of all tax returns. Maintain relationships with financing partners. Develop and ensure compliance of internal controls. Ensure all financial transactions are GAAP compliant. Lead weekly and monthly meetings with Executive and Operational Leadership teams to review financial statements and customer profitability reports. Preparation of annual cash flow forecasts and management of all Treasury Management duties. Manage payroll for over 500 employees and contractor settlements.
2014 - 2017
ACCOUNTING MANAGER, PACE RUNNERS INC.
- Responsible for all balance sheet, fixed asset, and cash reconciliations. Preparation of financial statements for review with analysis and variance notes. Oversight on AP, AR, and Contractor payments. 1099 Preparation Oversight of ERP conversion from QuickBooks to Microsoft GP. Worked directly with software partner on set up of all modules including general ledger accounts, fixed asset management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Created updated SOPs and internal controls to support Microsoft GP. Developed and implemented new financial statement reporting package for ownership
STAFF ACCOUNTANT, PACE RUNNERS INC.
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. Processed independent contractor payments. Payroll processing including journal entries for general ledger. Created integrations between various ERPs for accounts receivable eliminating manual entry therefore reducing errors and increasing efficiencies. Streamlined employee expense reporting /reimbursements allowing faster payments to employees and created audit processes to control spending. Assisted with setup and implementation of payroll software, including implementation of electronic timecards.
2008 - 2012
CONTRACT COST ACCOUNTANT, ONE STOP ENVIRONMENTAL LLC
- Worked closely with the controller, project managers, and technicians reviewing job status reports and monthly billing. Maintained working relationships with government agencies and providing proper billing requirements to ensure timeliness of payment. Managed and met timelines for bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations. Overall review of AP coding and ensuring there is adequate support provided by the AP clerk. Participated and assisted with annual audits by outside third parties.
Skills & Abilities
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- CXT Dispatch
- Xcelerator Dispatch
- Descartes RDS
- Power BI
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior experience with Deltek GCS Premier, QuickBooks, Paychex, and Advantage Payroll