Operations and Quality Management professional, with national and international experience in aerospace, automotive, higher education, and industrial operational management. Proven initiator with effective leadership, analytical, organizational, communication, project management, and customer service skills. Results oriented Management experience In Operations, Risk Management, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Quality, ISO 9001, AS 9100, ISO 14000 and Engineering with over twenty years in management, product design, development, and certification through delivery. Knowledgeable with FAA FAR 21 and FAA repair station FAR 145 regulations. Expertise in NASA specifications and safety and mission assurance (SMA) requirements and implementation.
Held management positions in several companies. The following is a summary of responsibilities:
• Participate in developing and implementing strategic planning and risk assessment.
• Responsible for developing a culture of continuous improvement and all aspects of developing, implementing the Quality Management System and achieving certification to ISO 9001/AS 9100 International standards.
• Expertise in NASA's SMA standards and requirements overseeing their implementation. Conducting workshops and training seminars in ISO 9001 Documentation and Internal Auditing.
• Performing Gap Analysis and Pre-Certification audits of Quality Management Systems for compliance with the ISO 9001/AS 9100 standard.
• Maintaining regulatory compliance and repair station certifications with the FAA and various Civil Aviation Authorities.
• Maintaining industry certifications and approvals for management systems such as ISO 9001, AS9100, NADCAP, and CASE.
• Performing audits of international suppliers.
• Initiating Six Sigma programs to increase focus on DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Implement and Control) process and statistics driven improvement.
• Implementing Lean Enterprise programs and facilitated high performance work teams with a teaming approach that emphasizes empowering the workforce through training, boundary setting, clear goal establishment and accountability.
• Implementing multiple continuous improvement projects and Kaizen events that improved product quality and turn time.
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, TEMPE, AZ
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT, SMQC
The focus of my efforts is to support Show Me Quality Assurance customer facing work as an auditor and QA SME, and internally in support of our ISO 9001:2015 compliant Quality Management System.
QUALITY MANAGER, SMQC
PRINCIPLE MISSION ASSURANCE ENGINEER, MILLENNIUM ENGINEERING AND INTEGRATION
NASA GSFC representative overseeing Spacecraft and Satellite design, testing and integration activities at Northrop Grumman in Gilbert Arizona
MISSION ASSURANCE MANAGER, ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY
Mission Assurance Manager for Quality & Continuous Improvement at Earth and Space Exploration College for several NASA projects.
QUALITY MANAGER, AMSAFE AVIATION
Responsibilities included management of Quality operations and functions including 18 direct reports. Implementation of effective lean, 5S, six sigma and ISO 9000 programs internally and at suppliers to ensure the highest product quality, certification to ISO 9001 and AS 9100, continuous improvement, internal audits, six sigma DMAIC problem solving method, supplier control and development, process improvement, statistical analysis, and lean manufacturing.
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR, ATSCO PRODUCTS
Performing managerial and hands on duties for production operations, lean manufacturing, six sigma and ISO 9001 and ISO TS 16949 Quality Management Systems, Supplier relations, Purchasing, Receiving, Packaging and shipping, Development and implementation of lean projects using concepts such as 5S, Kaizan, Kanban, value stream and waste elimination to drive continuous improvement for a large automotive parts manufacturer with over 150 employees. Overall responsibility included meeting quality, ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 requirements, metrics, goals, shipments as well as implementation of lean manufacturing program, and preparation for ISO/TS 19649 certification.
TECHNICAL SERVICES DIRECTOR, KAISER ALUMINUM
Directed the Quality, Technical and Sales Departments in an aerospace manufacturing facility reporting to the General Manager. Developed, coordinated, and implemented strategic plan elements and business direction as related to Quality, Sales and Technical Support. Established lean manufacturing using 5S, Kaizan and Kanban with other quality functions and built a strong quality team. Developed and implemented an effective internal audit program and ISO 9000 upgrade preparation. Analyzed market trends relating to product applications, technical requirements, and market share.
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, PROFILE CONSULTING, ENGLAND
Established Middle East division for Profile consulting, an international Quality management firm based in the UK. Offered training and consultation services; in all aspects of lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO 9000, Total Quality Management, Process Improvement and Project Management. Identified and selected local partners and support staff to provide consulting services. Conducted and facilitated ISO 9000 and process improvement seminars for over 40 companies to enhance their quality capabilities and management systems.
PROJECT MANAGER, HONEYWELL
Total responsibility for Project management for several multimillion dollar programs for NASA in space, defense, and commercial applications. Managed quality, administrative, technical, and cost aspects of programs. Formulated business development and strategic planning relative to space and missiles department.
PROJECT ENGINEER, GENERAL ELECTRIC, NASA JSC
Engineering management of projects for NASA’s Space Shuttle program including budget and cost. Directed the design, development and qualification of Space Shuttle hardware and experiments. This required detailed and extensive knowledge of NASA standards, requirements, operational methodology and programmatic requirements.
Especially skilled in developing, implementing, and managing Quality Assurance programs and processes in the areas of continuous improvement, standard/regulatory compliance, and product quality. A change agent that motivates team members to embrace a culture of process ownership, discipline, and improvement. Outstanding communication skills, high levels of resourcefulness and creativity, and a powerful level of initiative.